Dominika Lein’s Unusual Reviews for Strange Folk
In an effort to expand my blog and brutally carve out some time for reading like I once used to, I’ve opened up reviews for fellow authors!
There is no rating system involving stars or flames or hearts or anything like that.
Instead, I provide a positively honest review discussing how the story resonated with me and the book’s strengths and weaknesses from my particular perspective.
If you request for the review to be posted on a site with a rating system (such as Amazon), I will approximate what I believe the book deserves and while I can’t promise positive ratings, I’m offering reviews to help other authors out… not bring them down.
What I will consider for Review….
- Any maturity rating (i.e. NC-17 is fine).
- Speculative Fantasy.
- Unusual / Genre-Blending / New-Genre Fiction.
- Esoteric Literature.
- Experimental Literature.
- Epic/High Fantasy under 300 pages.
- Science-Fiction on case-by-case basis.
- Alternative/Queer Fiction.
What I will NOT consider for Review…
- Non-Fiction (memoirs included).
- Mainstream Romance.
- Mainstream-catered Fiction (rehashes of popular tropes)
- Most YA fiction.
- Children’s Books.
- Contemporary/Slice-of-Life Fiction.
- Urban Fantasy/Mainstream Paranormal.
- Anything over 111,100 words long.
- Unpublished works
To request a review, comment on this page or send an e-mail with the following information…
Answer to the best of your abilities…
- Title (is it part of a series? if so, which part?)
- Author’s contact e-mail
- Why do you want me to review this book?
- Will you provide a Free Copy upon Review Acceptance?
- If accepted, where would you most like me to post the review (choose 1-3 places)?
- How many books have you written before this one?
- What makes this book different from others?
If you have questions, e-mail me at dominikalein (AT) gmail.
Do not, I repeat, don’t send me a copy of your book until I have requested it and accepted it to the potential review list. I will e-mail you when this happens.
Being on this list doesn’t guarantee a timely review, but it does mean that I will be taking time to read and craft a review for it eventually.
I reserve the right to reject any requests for any reason.
Again, don’t send me your book until I ask. If you do, I will delete the communication and it’ll result in instant rejection :(
I look forward to accepting, reading, and reviewing some really awesome stories.
Contact: dominikalein (at) gmail