Day -05 (until) NaNoWriMo.
In true fashion to using NaNo for my own devices as a writer, I tend to set my own restrictions and rules. So part of my prep is defining what I’m, specifically, going to be doing in November.
- How many words to reach by November 30? A. 75,000 words.
- Will I work on old manuscripts or start something new? A. Both.
- How many old manuscripts will I work on? A. Three at most.
- A goal of 75,000 requires how many words per day to be completed? A. 2500 words/day.
- Will I include a goal of Publishing a Novella by November 30? A. Maybe, leaning towards yes.
- Possible combination of manuscripts? A. ’14Novel -> ’15 New-Novel -> Novella -> New-Short -> 1-2 Old Manuscript.
Things to Do in the coming 5 Prep Days:
- Diagram possible combination of manuscripts.
- Choose how many words per manuscript out of the 2500 words/day, reaching an accumulated 75k between all works.
- Write a Meal Plan/Food-Option List to reference during the month.
- Tidy/Organize Desk and Filing Boxes. Set up Alternate Writing Spots in bedroom and kitchen.
- Consolidate and organize manuscript notes.
- Prepare 7 Playlists between Spotify and Youtube, one for each day, 24 hours long, tagged by emotion/moods.
- Create a priority tasklist for any art that needs to be done, in addition.
- Choose a Publishing Pen-Name for Amazon already.
- Set up lighting around desk and writing areas.
- Collect all comfortable, warm and layered clothing – maybe get some new lounge pants and a sweater.
- Set up a Coordinated Pinterest Board for Inspiration (private-based).
- Gather writing utensils in mugs (part of #4).
- Believe in Myself. Compose Myself. Focus.
This is an attempt at making the first week easier on myself so I’m not scrambling to figure out what I’m doing, even if I end up changing what I’m doing mid-way through November.